Monday, November 20, 2006

Take Two

I had my second surgery 2 weeks ago on November 6th. So far, it has been different than the first one in so many ways. My hospital stay was absolutely terrible due to a couple of crappy roommates.. amazing what a difference that makes. My first surgery I had a roommate who I could related to, followed by a single room.. and I was comfortable and happy. This time, I had two roommates who were terrible and in the hospital for reasons not orthopedic.. both were t.v. junkies.. it was horrible.

My pain sucks this time. The epidural didn't work correctly in the hospital so I had bad pain control from the beginning. Now I'm mostly off of the morphine, but I'm having this terrible pain in my inner thigh. I don't remember having this pain last time, and it's really intense. It makes it so I can't really lift foot off the floor when I'm crutching. I kind of drag my foot along the floor. It really hurts. I'm thinking about taking vicadin or something stronger than tylenol but weaker than morphine.

Overall I think that I am progressing a little faster this time, and so far mentally I'm keeping it together. I haven't been getting out as much this time but maybe that will change as time goes on. I've been to Target twice, and best buy once.

My b-day was Saturday. Had lots of visitors that day. Was definitely the most quiet and uneventful birthday I've ever had.

This experience is so humbling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home