Monday, May 15, 2006

Rain, rain, go away!

Flooding everywhere and 15 inches of rain. And it's still raining.

We spent the weekend trying to save our newly finished basement from complete ruin. Up all night Saturday and most of Sunday with wet vac, towels, sump pumps and no ability to fight back the flood. We are so much better off than most people though. This place looks like a hurricane zone - without the downed trees and power lines.

I pushed it too hard. Pulling back carpet is not easy on crutches, and my hip, leg and back are all sore. My right hip was hurting so badly yesterday that I could not sleep. I'm concerned about this because previously I have not had right hip pain. Dr. Millis thought that my right hip might take a beating after the LPAO, and I guess his prediction is coming true. I think I've really been doing things lately that I shouldn't be doing. I hope that I am not hurting more than healing things.

The worst pain lately is my screws. They are irritated very easitly, and really hurt when I where normal fitting pants. I dont' want to wear loose workout pants to work though.

At work now. Whoops. Probably shouldn't be blogging, but it's lunch time. Hopeing that I can make it home through the flooded roads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home